If you have ever been under the effects of halitosis, also known as bad breath, you know how powerful and embarrassing the disorder can be. In some cases, infections within the mouth can be to blame, but in other instances, deeper underlying conditions with the body can be its cause.
Has your smile taken a hit due to halitosis? Here are some things you should know about the disorder:
– Gum disease, also branded as periodontal disease, is often connected to cases of bad breath, as the odors can be the result of gum tissue infections.
– Ailments deep within the body can often cause bad breath, including liver problems, kidney malfunctions, and respiratory tract infections.
– Dentures are a recognized cause of bad breath, especially if they are not cared for and cleaned on a nightly basis.
– The medications you may be using could produce bad breath as a typical side effect.
– Bad breath is often the result of not brushing or flossing your teeth on a daily basis.
– If you do suffer from bad breath, consider using mouthwash as a potential treatment.
– Extreme plaque buildup in your mouth can be the cause of bad breath.
Dr. Jeffrey Lowry at Jeffrey A Lowry DDS wants to ensure your smile shines no matter what condition it is in. If you are thinking about getting bad breath treatments, please contact our dentist office in Riverside, California, by calling us at 951-263-7001. Your smile deserves the very best of care, and we can offer it!